Jun 23, 2022

Mushrooms in a fine wood

Last year in our mini "workshop" (see the July 22, 2021 blogpost), we created needle felted fly agaric mushrooms, "faery mushrooms".  Of course, our mushrooms need a home so that's what I've been working on.

Through sheer luck, I found this beautiful wood display base in great condition, even with felt underneath.  It's a nice size, at about 14 inches by 5 inches.  



I cut a piece of foam to fit over top.  


I then used this gorgeous "Fine Wood" 70% Alpaca / 30% Wool fibre from Wellington Fibres to create the ground layer on my foam, gently needle felting it in place. 


I love the result!  Look at all the rich shades of brown! 


So now I had my base in earthy, forest browns and attached the mushrooms by inserting long pins from the underside of the foam.  The tips of the pins are embedded in the mushrooms so it's safe!



There's also a young fern with fiddleheads created by using the template available from Mum's Makery.  Just the thing for our micro forest floor scene!   


Now, it's time to embellish!










No comments:

Post a Comment