Oct 15, 2024

Friends at the End of the Day

I am in love with dogs at the beach.  I love needle felting beaches for dogs to run on, even if the dogs are only in my mind's eye.  It was time to make another beach...

I was inspired by two images, one of a pink sunset on a beach and one of two dogs sitting on a cliff.  I thought to combine the two and place the sweet dogs on the lovely beach... 


The pinks in the sky are a blend of 3 colors.

First I completed the beach, here it is:


I cut out the dogs from the picture I liked in a few different sizes and picked the one that fitted the best:



Then I cut the dogs out of prefelt (from Fibrecraft, lovely stuff to work with) and tacked them on.  



The black dog was too harsh and looked like a silhouette so I was inspired by my sweet Russel to give him some white markings.  This also made his face easier to see.  I used a black bead for his eye and it added a little sparkle to his face.  Charming!  



The shadows made it look more finished, but they were a little short so I lengthened them...



These two have enjoyed the perfect day at the beach and are watching the sunset, good friends and good times.  I like their story.  


No comments:

Post a Comment