Sep 19, 2012

My online tour, 4th time around!

This is what my world revolves around right now:  the spreadsheet for the Online Hallowe'en Artists' Studio Trick or Treat that I host.  The artists have sent in their photos and descriptions and I'm busily putting their "studio" pages together, keeping track of who sent what on my trusty (yes) hand-written sheet.  (I've smudged out the names so those artists who are LATE won't be overly embarrassed.)
  The art is AWESOME!!!  The artists are all so sweet, and creative and happy about the tour, but it is a ton of work and I'm creaking under the pressure a bit...  Organizing, finding and getting artists to join, advertising, and now putting the pages together... it's a constant, ongoing affair and August and September are complete write-offs.  This is the fourth year and I've decided that next year I will take a break.  I had so many plans for my own entrees for the tour and didn't find the time (make the time?) to get any of them finished, which is woefully sad since I knew I would be needing them since November 1st, 2011.  The witch shoe on wheels being pulled by demons, the mini skull magnets, the assortment of bat-head brooches... all still just dream-stuff.  Ah well...   
So 2013 will be mine to catch up with MY art, and rejuvenate for a glorious 2014 tour revival!

No comments:

Post a Comment