Feb 27, 2014

Oh rats, rejoice!

Long, long ago, this is how I fell in love with rats:  I saw on TV this stop-animation film by the geniuses at Cosgrove-Hall and was immediately smitten.  Back then, before computers and DVD players, it was nearly impossible to get a copy of this film although eventually I was able to get a VHS copy.  To this day, the film is not available on DVD but today I discovered that someone has uploaded an excellent quality copy of this 30 minute film.  This is the very best version of this story I have ever seen and I am thrilled to be able to share it here with you!  The rats, the rats, take a look at those gorgeous rats!  My babies were inspired by these beasties!  And when the Mayor refuses to pay... brilliant, just brilliant! 


    Enjoy "The Pied Piper of Hamlin"!  The film is in 2 parts but seamless. 






No comments:

Post a Comment