Jan 11, 2012

January highs and lows!

So far, I've been able to keep my resolutions, all 4! Only Willow hasn't had quite the stimulating attention I'd like to give her, although she has enjoyed many long hikes and playing with the neighbour's puppy, Luna. Furthermore, she's a mess with infections, first eye and now bladder... I don't know what's going on inside her, but tomorrow's visit to the vet should get us on track. She certainly doesn't look stressed, does she? Only puts her Mom threw the wringer...

And on what have I spent my time? Purging, mostly books. I'm an addict, a book addict, so I tend to bring home far more material than I ever will read. So then I get depressed about it... so on January 1st I sat down and heavy-handedly removed all the items I realized I would never actually choose to read (with all the options out there) and removed more than 20 books (okay, not so heavy-handed!). I also tossed a lot of magazines, ripping out the articles I want to keep and recycling the rest. (There's is still a pile of "maybes" to weed through.)

Wow! It's nice to have some open space! My books are all now on shelves again! And I actually have created room to organize all the material for the Online Hallowe'en Artists' Studio Trick or Treat. My goal is to free up a 1 1/2 foot long shelf in my cupboard for the 3 year's worth of paperwork I've amassed. Yes, I'm recruiting for our 4th year, so if you're interested email me!! Five artists have already said YES so don't delay too long, I think the cap has to be around 25 artists. There will be some interesting statistics shortly at the Hallowe'en tour's blog, http://halloweenstudiotour.blogspot.com/.

UPDATE: Yup, bladder infection! So Willow's on antibiotics and is sleeping like the poor, exhausted, molested baby she is!

1 comment:

  1. Awww poor Willow :( Is she healthy again? I had to laugh, I too have waaay too many books!! And magazines! I start going through them, but then can't bear to get rid of any...you are a lot braver than me hehe Hugs Sarah

    ReplyDelete