Jul 23, 2012

Don't eat the baby!


It's been a crazy 2 weeks!  First we thoroughly enjoyed ScareFest on July 7th, meeting so many creative and downright scary individuals (scary in a good way, of course, not back-alley-get-the-hell-away-from-me scary). (I've posted some pictures on my Hallowe'en blog.)  Then I met my brother's 10 month old son, Asher.  They visited for 7 days and it was my first 24-hours-a-day experience with a human child.  It was scary, like Aack!- Who-is-this-little-munchkin scary and why does he drool on me all the time!?  Seriously:  spend exactly 3 minutes with a baby who's teething and your shorts and t-shirt will be covered in drool!!!  Yick!  And I always seemed to get him when he was cranky...  my role as an aunt definitely relies on the safety of the camera, where I can capture baby doing cute things without getting slobbered on!  (Puppy kisses are SO different, entirely another story!)

See, cute.  And me:  dry. 
And diapers?!?!!?  I will scrape dead animals off the road and spend hours, nay days, cleaning skulls with sun-baked on bits but poopy diapers send me racing for the outside air, close to gagging!  Wow, what an odor!  What a sight!  I could feel my fallopian tubes shrivelling up into tiny, prickly pin cushions! 
I am so the man in this cartoon!!! 

And then we went to visit my sister:  more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to mention Asher really liked the ostrich puppet I got from Folkmanis. Definitely a hit, and I'm looking forward to using it in my Babytime program.

    ReplyDelete