Apr 5, 2012








In the April issue of Teddy Bear Review, an article was printed concerning the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and Steiff's creation of mourning bears. Death, doom, destruction and Teddy bears! Yippy! I was so in my element reading this article, it transformed me from a "who cares?" to a "wow, this is cool!"! Ah, the power of the written word!





At the Library, I created a display revolving around the toy animals in the photos and the people in those photos. This display turned out beautifully, very eye-catching, informative and respectful.
















A Steiff Polar Bear (1990s issue?), an unknown well-loved cat and my own Midsummer mohair black bear are enjoying the attention.

2 comments:

  1. Man, your area is so lucky to have a librarian such as yourself! What a love of literacy, history, and 'coolness'. You have an eye for creating good looking, organized, attractive displays! I envy your job. I even took librarianship AQ's in the hopes of becoming a school librarian...until MS struck...but, who knows? Someday I may be asking you for librarianship advice! Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stacy! Ah, the mischief we could get into together! Sadly, the fun stuff, like creating these displays, is only a wee part of my job. The routine grind is driving me crazy! (Yeah, yeah, a short trip!)

    ReplyDelete