Apr 27, 2013

Always the Dead...

I took the day off yesterday to prepare for the big Oakville show tomorrow and enjoyed some time to relax, take care of myself and experiment (especially as I have to work today).  And I quilled!  I want to make Day of the Dead skulls that folks can hang in their Hallowe'en trees, in their windows, etc... and so I created three pin "molds" for three different skulls.  I like the medium one best!

And then I played with decorating the skulls!  It's trickery than you might think, because you want two of most things (more or less identical) so you have to measure your paper and then the folds make measuring/fitting things tricky!  My first flower was too big to fit into the yellow eye circle, but the nose is cool, as are the teeth. 
 
Pleae wish good luck for me tomorrow!  Hope to see you there if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment